Monday, July 20, 2009

FACEBOOK SLAVERY!



So... In case yall couldn't tell yet.... I think A LOT! lol. I think a WHOLE lot. 24/7. Always looking at something, observing things, developing opinions just because... Thats how my mind works. I've been told at job interviews, in classes from teachers and even friends that I always have an interesting perspective on things. I would have to say I charge that to first off asking God to give me understanding for a lot of things. Secondly, I challenge myself to think. My close friends can tell you... we have some VERYYYY deep conversations all the time...lol (KB,Brittany, Pierce, MArsha, Craig, Iman, Gloria, Thomas, James, Gillum, Irene, BTFO! lol..... and many more). Most of the time it's a debate that I usually start..... what they don't know is I do it intentionally...lol I do it because I always enjoy seeing my fellow brothers and sisters using their mind.. developing their opinion... KAY-B always tell me.. "Y U ALWAYS STARTING STUFF!" lol she thinks I pick on her...lol but she has a beautiful mind that could be a powerful tool if used correctly. 

Even if you disagree... I challenge everyone to just pick a side... any side and stick to it.. defend your point of view... on a movie, rumor, color, opinion.. anything...My prof. Gordon told me... Your brain is a muscle... The only way to make a muscle stronger is to use it... exercise it... TOOOO MUCH OF OUR FREE TIME IS GOING INTO THINGS NOT EXPANDING OUR MINDS.. I know people say We'll brandon how you gon talk? you on fb 24/7! YES, BUT I'M on here thinking.... observing.... reading.... writing..... Which led me to write this status this morning:

"THE MOST ENABLING THING FACEBOOK COULD DO FOR BLACK STUDENTS IS GIVE US THIS NEW "LIKE BUTTON" WE DONT HAVE TO EXPAND OUR MINDS OR EXPOUND. WE DON'T HAVE TO ARTICULATE OR EXPRESS HOW WE FEEL. WE SIMPLY... FEEL "SOME" TYPE OF WAY AND CLICK LIKE!!! USE YOUR GOD GIVEN MINDS.. THINK AND EXPRESS... IF FOR NO OTHER REASON.. JUST TO PRACTICE DEVELOPING OPINIONS FOR YOURSELF. U GONNA CLICK "LIKE" IN A JOB INTERVIEW?"

The "White man holding us back" talk is getting old. We have minds and opportunities just like they do. We just choose to be lazy. Lets not be VICTIMS anymore... lets start being proactive instead of re-active... PLAN AHEAD.... If the white man does have a leg up.. Then simply WORK HARDER! FUSE YOUR FUN WITH ACADEMIA. Be on FB or wherever.. but make sure you are learning as well. Nothing is wrong with the LIKE BUTTON but if you use it.. try to comment as well or at least develop an opinion of why you like it.

You will find in the real world when you are competing in the workforce... Employers interview probably 500 people a day. What made you different... WELL THAT ONE KID SAID SOME PRETTY INTERESTING STUFF THAT NO ONE ELSE WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF... THEY DIDNT HAVE MUCH EXPERIENCE.. BUT I LIKE HOW THEIR MIND WORKS. THWY MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP US CHANGE OUR COMPANY'S DIRECTION.


AS ALWAYS, LOVE YALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment